Do you enjoy helping the community, or are you a new player looking for help? The Guides are a new organization dedicated to helping new members of the RP community. Read on to find out more, whether you're a veteran looking to contribute, or a new player looking for some advice on form, or finding a group to get involved with. Never fear, help is here!
Who We Are: The Roleplay Guides are an organization of veteran Roleplayers and members of the community that actively seek out new players to educate them in RP fundamentals and guide them towards parts of the community at large that interest them with the ultimate goal of helping them find Roleplay. In the future, the Guides will also assist new players with learning the game, and help them acquire gear to get started.
How to Get Help: If you are a new member of the community, a new player, or just have a question, the Guides are ready and willing to help you, no matter how small the problem. PM a Guide from the active roster and they will do their best to help you.
To find out who you can get in touch with for help, or to learn how to apply to the Guides, read on and find out.
Becoming a Guide: So you want to help your fellow player? The Guides are a small group, but we will make an announcement when positions become available. Applicants should be a community member of at least 90 days, who visits, and soon plays the game several times a week. Perspective Guides should be willing to commit at least 1-2 hours a week to helping new players. If you think you fit the bill, our application format is below, fill it out in this site's application module for consideration.
1) How long have you been a member of the RP community here? Do you feel that you know the community well enough to make recommendations to new players looking for RP?
2) Have you ever been banned or warned from the SWTOR-RP forums or its affiliates (Including StarsiderGalaxy) or the SWTOR Official Forums? If so, why, and what did you learn from it?
3) How have you attempted to help new players in the past? What was your best experience? What was your worst experience? What did you learn from each?
4) Please define the following: Metagaming, Godmodding, Powergaming, Greifing, OOC, IC
5) Guides must take a neutral stance with new players on controversial issues. In this case, describe how you would inform a new player about the differences between RP and RP-PvP servers, and the advantages of each.
6) Please describe, in detail, your past RP experiences, with those relating to SWTOR first.
7) If accepted, please indicate your posting of choice: Hutta, Korriban, Ord Mantell, Tython
8) What other activities do you plan to do in The Old Republic besides Roleplay?
9) Why are you interested in becoming a Guide?
10) How much time can you commit on a weekly basis to helping new players?
For more information check out the forum thread.